Thursday, August 16, 2007

Best of Philly: People Edition

If you haven't read the City Paper's cover story yet today, shame on you. It highlights some of the best humans we share space with, and it's a great read.

The piece on Andy Dyson is particularly good - I consider it a priviledge to know him, and I'm continually amazed at how much he gets it. Even though I prefer to walk.

And I'd be remiss not to weigh in on the Bob Koch piece. Best deli ever. The #1 thing I miss about West Philadelphia. Yes, I moved to the Italian Market, which offers great options like Sarcone's and DiBruno, but no one will ever live up to the perfection of Koch's. Not in New York, not in Philly. I wasn't a fan of the writing in this piece, but the assessment was spot on - it's still the best.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

just wanted to note that i am surprised by the city paper's choice. not that these good folks don't deserve recognition. but really... of the six, only one woman? of the six, only one who's not white?