Thursday, July 24, 2008

Late-Adopter Club: The Avalanches

The band Air France have an EP out, entitled No Way Down, that is getting all kinds of rave reviews. While I've yet to get my hot little hands on it, I have heard the title track, and it is indeed the poo. The album it's been most compared to is the Avalanches 2000 release, "Since I Left You", of which I am ashamed to admit I had never heard. Apparently I was too immersed in Hum, the Dismemberment Plan, and the Roots back then to appreciate music that actually makes you feel, you know, good. Anyway, I'm making up for lost time, grooving to the Avalanches, and wishing that summer will never end.

Bonus points for what I am 100% confident is the best use of a horse whinny sample in the history of music, in track 2, Stay Another Season.

No comments: