Monday, December 10, 2007

Happy Holidays for your ears

So I was hoping this post would be about my recent two weeks in Spain. Alas, I have yet to pick up the new hard drive that will allow uploading of teh pics. So that'll have to wait. Instead, I'd like to take a moment to discuss something that resulted upon my return.

Yep, it's December.

I left pre-thanksgiving, and returned on December 2. This means that I was jarred straight into pre-xmas hell on my return, with none of the build up. Holiday shopping PR is already in full on blitzkreig mode. The worst part about holiday shopping season is the fucking music. I have a lifelong hatred of Xmas music, and this hatred is at its most virulent when some company bastardizes the words to some terrible fucking song to hock more shit that no one needs.

With that in mind, here's my top 5 holiday songs, all-time:

Top 5 Xmas Songs

1. Christmas at the Zoo – The Flaming Lips
2. Happy Xmas (War is Over) – John Lennon
3. I’m Fucking Santa – Lady Raptastic
4. Insert random Sufjan holiday song here
5. I don’t know, Silent Night or White Christmas or some shit that I barely tolerate.
∞. Grandma Got Runover By A Reindeer
∞+1. Jingle Bell Rock (yes, the Arcade Fire version too)

Finally, here's my holiday wish list:
1. matchbox lexus with a bigass red ribbon (reigning champion wish from past three years)
2. post-diamond bj with none of the "actual" diamond guilt or debt. (New ad campaign: "Zales. That'll shut her up").
3. Radiohead tickets
4. Portable/waterproof Ipod speakers
5. Sick professional chef's knife kit or a professional saucier or something like that.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

You missed one.

And for the win, have some Sufjan.

Alex said...

south park song - eh... not their best work. the only laugh it gave me is when he beats the japanese guy with the tree.

Jeff said...

I will grant that when you know the name of the song going in, it's not quite as good. When I saw it, it was on TV and the chorus came completely out of the blue.