Friday, June 22, 2007

No, Hillary, NO!!!!

Hillary Clinton announced her presidential campaign song.
It's not exactly "Don't Stop Believin'"
yep. It's Celine.
Celine Freaking Dion.
The song was chosen via an open vote, beating finalists Shania Twain, U2, and Smashmouth.

Smashmouth?!

Off the top of my head, here's some songs that would have been a better choice:

1) ANY other song
2) No song.

Just for fun, here's my top presidential campaign theme songs. Add yours in the comments.


8. Hail to the Thief - Radiohead (kidding)
7. The Big Payback - James Brown (reserved for Al Gore should he ever get elected)
6. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta - Geto Boys
5. It's the end of the world as we know it - REM
4. Motion Movement - Blue Scholars
3. Huddle Formation - The Go! Team
2. War Pigs - I'd get Flaming Lips to perform their live cover
#1 with a bullet. Wake Up - Arcade Fire

3 comments:

Gabe said...

Probably the same braintrust that decided to play Stevie Wonder's "Sir Duke" and its brain worm of a refrain at the DNC in 2004. Talk about ruining a song for me.

By the way, I think it was "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow" that you meant to compare, not "Don't Stop Believing." But the latter would be a sweet campaign anthem, if only for its karaokeability.

Alex said...

whoops. I was thinking Fleetwood Mac and my hands were thinking Journey. This happens to me a lot, unfortunately.

rusch said...

The Go! Team... awesome idea.

How about "If I Were President" by the Pharcyde. Too short to be a campaign song, but they could play it in between speakers at the convention: Bam! who's next!

..."I would just... rearrange the whole government structure..."